Learn the hazards behind a musty smell in your home or work environment.
It’s only must, right? So the problem with must is that it is the smell of the gases that toxic mold secrete and actually the really, really toxic molds don’t make a smell at all. That’s what makes them so dangerous. The most common ones, aspergillus and penicillium, those are things that grow on carpet, under flooring and behind drywall and then there are more dangerous ones that can grow if those guys are there. So, if you smell must, run away. That means those gases are affecting your health. They affect your kidney function, they can affect your liver function. They can cause lung damage. Must equals toxic mold in your environment and you shouldn’t stay in an environment that’s making you sick.
This content is health information and not intended as personal medical advice. Viewing will not establish a doctor-patient relationship. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical condition. The information discussed is not intended to replace the advice of your healthcare provider. Reliance on information provided by Dr. Jill Crista, employees, or others appearing at the invitation of Dr. Crista is solely at your own risk.